There’s so many things that goes into putting together a training program. So now I introduce to you the acute variables of training, which are important components that specify how each exercise is to be performed.
1. First we have the repetitions which is a complete movement of a single exercise.
2. Then you have setswhich is a group of consecutive repetitions.
3. Training Intensity which is an individual’s effort, compared with their maximal effort, which is usually expressed as a percentage.
4. Repetition Tempo refers to the speed with which each repetition is performed.
5. Rest interval is the time taken to recover between sets.
6. Training volume is the amount of physical training performed within a specified period.
7. Training frequency is the number of training sessions performed during a specified period (usually 1 week).
8. Training duration is the time frame of a workout or the length of time spent in one phase of training.
9. Exercise selection is the process of choosing appropriate exercises for a client’s program.